Do you keep in mind Tinker Toys? They had been designed in 1914, soon after seeing kids perform with sticks and empty spools of thread. I have constantly loved the simplicity of the toy…no batteries, countless methods to place together a layout.
Sometimes, the beautiful designs are as well rather to take apart and put back in the box so I created a permanent “Tinker Toy” that sits in the living area for enjoyment each day.
I utilised wood dowels from the hardware retailer and round wooden beads in spot of the cylinders. Here’;s how:
1. I employed garden pruners to reduce my wood dowels into 6-inch pieces. You can reduce as a lot of as you’;d like…I employed 6.
2. The ends exactly where you lower will not be clean cuts, but they’;ll be covered so not to worry.
3. Making use of a sizzling glue gun glue 2 sticks collectively in the center.
4. Keep gluing a lot more sticks so that it stands.
5. Mine didn’;t turn out completely symmetrical but I liked the looseness of the design and style.
6. Add wood beads to all the ends of the dowels.
6. Mine had been distinct wood tones which was fine because I planned on painting it.
8. Cover the holes on the ends with Spackle, let dry and lightly sand to smooth.
9. Spray with a primer–I used Zinsser in an oil base spray.
For the last coat I employed this beautiful gold spray paint from Michael’;s due to the fact every little thing looks far better painted gold!