I adore to make groggers—individuals exciting noisemakers we shake on Purim. Last yr I produced some out of plastic water bottles and this year I used empty soda cans.
I desire the cans due to the fact the sound is considerably a lot more extreme when filled with little stones.
Here is what you are going to want to create these…
one. Make the pom-pom (it helps make the grogger appear so festive and fun!) Cut some colored tissue paper about 5 x 5 inches. Be positive you have several layers of tissue. Fold in half and lower slits along 1 edge.
2. Fold in half to develop a “flower” and tie string on the bottom to hold it with each other.
3. Cut off the best of the can with a can opener. Trace the can best on a piece of cardboard and cut out the circle. Poke a hole in the center of the cardboard making use of a sharp instrument. Insert wood dowel (mine is 16 inches prolonged) into the hole and glue to the bottom of the can with a scorching glue gun.
4. Fill can with tiny stones or beans.
5. I utilized “goop” glue about the edges of the cardboard circle.
6. Soon after it dries, paint the wood dowel and the top of the can the place is might present below the pom-pom.
6. Cover the can with paper of your decision…wrapping paper, scrapbook paper and stickers all perform excellent. Scorching glue the pom pom on leading of the can.
8. For the fringe on the bottom, simply reduce slits into the crepe paper to create fringe and affix to the can with double-backed tape.